Commons:Internet Relay Chat
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For real-time chat with other Wikimedians, there are several Internet Relay Chat (IRC) channels, located on the Libera Chat network (irc.libera.chat).
- #wikimedia-commons webchat for general discussions about Commons (channel guidelines)
- #cvn-commons webchat to catch possible vandalism
- #cvn-commons-uploads webchat to monitor image uploads
- #wikimedia-commons-poty webchat for Picture of the Year contest coordination
- #wikimedia-commons-admin webchat is the channel for administrators [no idling]
- #wikimedia-commons-lr webchat is the channel for license reviewer assistance/discussion
- #wikimedia-commons-tech webchat for technical discussions (bot is reporting recent changes on commons related bugs)
- #wikimedia-commons-move webchat provides a feed of file rename requests in real-time
See also m:IRC/Channels (main list)
Separate IRC software such as KVirc, Pidgin, XChat or Colloquy (Mac) are popular. Some web-based interfaces also exist, e.g. https://web.libera.chat.
- IRC tutorial
- m:IRC - information page on Meta-Wiki
- m:IRC/Cloaks - provides information about obtaining a hostmask cloak